Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Slow to the technology






fall tipping its hand
above Calderino


I just realized that there is a comment option on blogs.
And lodged in that section was a treasure lurking from a former student.
A long time ago, student, one of the best ever.
David Hockney paints on an iphone.
He uses a program called Brushes which I downloaded
(it is expensive relatively speaking - $4.99)
Eager to see whether I have the patience to learn a new program.
Comparisons to come.
I am addicted to speed I fear.
And getting more so to this so called telephone.

Laurence Weschler wrote an article on the Hockney paintings a while back and my favorite quote is Hockney's response to the local villagers saying they heard he'd started drawing on his telephone.

“No, actually, it’s just that occasionally I speak on my sketch pad.”



No comments: