Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Miller Hill at Bradford Street









I show the sequence because I fear it gets worse, or at least,
it makes me want to avoid the transparence feature.
(features are usually iffy)
Opacity demands clarity, precision with placement, distribution.
You see the construction, or lack of,
explicitly. Whether a move adds to the illumination of what is happening,
or whether is just sits there filling space.
Hawthorne's direct approach. Paint it out.
The overlaps of sky color interrupt.

In the iPad version of Brushes, there is a playback option.
It is always recording how you made the image.
Big to haul around though.




1 comment:

suzilong said...

Melissa, Sarah just told me about your blog and I'm lovin' it! Hope 2 see more of u in N.Calif soon!
suzi marquess long