Monday, July 7, 2008

Michigan Home

Home. Well that could be an entire blog in and of itself. Home.
I told my mother on the phone when I walked in the house that I would trade the last stretch (from Chicago to Pinckney) for the entire other four days. Tough going through midwestern storms, blinding rain, flooding highways, and Michigan drivers who don't get the concept of the left lane. I had to get off the freeway twice, once because I could not see and once for flooding. A serious accident humbled all of us blasting along, and the average speed plummeted to about 4 miles an hour. Again, very thankful I made it back in one piece with even bigger patches of poison oak taking over my driving body. Mendocino lives on. 

I called this entry Michigan home because I am blessed by the sensation of multiple homes right now, California and North Carolina being close contenders. It has been an incredible seven weeks on the road, the last month concentrated in the Bay Area and north. There is nothing better in the world than feeling welcomed and loved. Nothing.

No comments: