Friday, June 6, 2008

California


I cannot stop eating these strawberries we purchased hours ago outside Davis on the last stretch into town. A small road side stand. I have not tasted a strawberry like this since Vico Equense near Naples, the only rival I can recollect. And they were wild. Sitting on top of 20th at Noe in San Francisco, trying to outpace the fast rot these fragile tasty gems suffer. I think I'm ahead right now.

Feel like I can let go of the reverse thinking now, trying to choreograph the chronology. Can now just filter through images and reflect. The many stripes of our country, its landscape, the up close ecologies. 

The Yosemite Guidelines team leaves early Sunday morning for a week of traveling the upper meadows, high roads, completing the second phase of A Sense of Place, National Park Service work. I feel lucky once again to be a part.


No comments: