Friday, May 24, 2013

my first Fort Bragg farmer's market (this season)







The bell does not ring until 3:00 sharp so no money can be exchanged before that, but by then I knew all the vendors, well their wares anyway, and had made my selections. The mellifluous words of the only black farmer were seductive for sure, but the mexican women and their notorious strawberries (which are gone by 3:15 once June hits) steal the show.
Not pictured are the wonders of Lourdes (Lulu) who bakes the most delicious gluten-free almond cookies I've ever eaten. If the woman next to me had not broken off a piece of hers and shared it with me, I would never have gotten addicted.
Apricots and cherries need more heat and extended days.
But the baby artichokes (shown with a pencil for scale) were right on target and get a private post that chronicles their transformation.


No comments: